To provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to assist with planning, preparing and delivering a safe and effective activity session for a group of participants.
- To provide a basic understanding of how to promote safety during activity sessions, identify and deal with hazards and reduce risks in the activity environment.
- To provide an overview of the links between activity, health and fitness.
- To enable learners to assist with planning and preparing an activity session plan.
- To provide learners with basic skills in assisting with the delivery of a safe and effective activity session.
- Children aged 14+/key stage 4
- School leavers and those returning to education
- Those considering a career in the sport and recreation industry
- Anyone wishing to improve their knowledge of delivering activity sessions
- No specific previous experience required.
- This qualification is open to all.
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate In Activity Leadership.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.