To explain the links between activity and better health in order to demonstrate the opportunities within daily life to become more active.
- To act as an introduction to the underpinning principles of how the body works.
- To provide an understanding of the links between activity and improved health.
- To enable learners to prepare a personal activity log (PAL) for themselves that includes active daily living and more structured sessions e.g. classes, gym sessions etc.
- To enable learners to demonstrate a basic knowledge of healthy living.
- To encourage learners to gain confidence in the subject area and commence or progress their exercise and/or activity levels.
- To act as an introduction to career pathways in the health and fitness industry
- No specific previous experience required.
- This qualification is open to all.
- A basic level of numeracy and literacy is required.
- Children aged 14+/key stage 4.
- School leavers and those returning to education.
- Those considering a career in the fitness industry.
- Anyone wishing to improve their knowledge of activity and exercise and wanting to adopt a healthier lifestyle for themselves.
- NVQ Level 1 in Sport Recreation and Allied Occupations.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction.
- NVQ Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness.
- Active IQ Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being Operational Services