- You must be aged 16 years+.
- You must have completed a Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification.
- Some experience of circuit training is useful but not essential.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- To apply, please complete our online application form which you can access by clicking here or look for Apply Online on the main menu at the top of this page.
- On receipt, we will check the information and documentation provided satisfy the entry requirements for this course.
- If so, we will email you back with an acceptance offer, which subject to payment, will reserve your place on the course.
You will study:
- The rationale and benefits of group circuit training.
- Different methods of circuit training.
- The role of the circuit training instructor.
- The implications of using music in a circuit training session.
- Safety considerations when teaching circuit training sessions.
- Planning and instructing a safe and effective circuit training session.
- Communication / evaluation skills appropriate for circuit training sessions.
You will be required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit.
The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio include:
- Witness Testimony.
- Record of oral and written questioning.
- Learner and peer reports
This qualification provides progression to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Certificate in Planning and Delivering Personal Training.
You have up to 2 years to be certificated from the point of registration for this qualification. Anyone outside this time-frame will be withdrawn unless there are extenuating circumstances.