- You must be aged 16 years+.
- A level 2 qualification in Fitness Instructing (Gym, ETM, Aqua) or equivalent is desirable but not essential.
- There is an element of communication (i.e., discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and you should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- To apply, please complete our online application form which you can access by clicking here or look for Apply Online on the main menu at the top of this page.
- On receipt, we will check the information and documentation provided satisfy the entry requirements for this course.
- If so, we will email you back with an acceptance offer, which subject to payment, will reserve your place on the course.
You will study:
- Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise.
- Fundamentals of coaching in sport.
- Developing participants through coaching sport.
- How to plan, prepare and deliver strength and conditioning for sport.
- How to evaluate individual strength and conditioning sessions.
- Long Term Athlete Development.
As the course is delivered online, you have the flexibility to register and start at anytime you choose throughout the year.
- A Level 2 Anatomy & Physiology Theory Paper
- A series of linked session plans.
- Completion of a coaching log.
- Practical Assessment (plan, teach, evaluate)
You can progress to our:
- Level 3 Award in Instructing Sports Specific Conditioning.
- Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training.
You have up to 2 years to be certificated from the point of registration for this qualification. Anyone outside this time-frame will be withdrawn unless there are extenuating circumstances.