To provide learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to plan, deliver and supervise safe and effective group training sessions. Learners will cover:
- Anatomy, physiology and nutrition, and how they relate to exercise and fitness.
- Health and safety in the group training environment.
- The skills to support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle.
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective group training sessions.
- Professionalism for group training.
- Personal and professional development.
- Delivering exceptional customer service.
- Some experience of group training classes is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2.
- Aged 16+.
- Wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as group trainers.
(Please note: 16–18-year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification).
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Level 3 Award in Designing Prenatal and Postnatal Exercise Programmes.
- Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
Other related Level 2 and/or Level 3 qualifications:
- Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells.
- Level 2 Award in Instructing Suspended Movement Training.
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Level 2 Certificate in Promoting Community Health and Well-Being.
- Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Exercise and Health.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.