- You must be aged 16 years+.
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- Please note that 16–18-year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification.
- To apply, please complete our online application form which you can access by clicking here or look for Apply Online on the main menu at the top of this page.
- On receipt, we will check the information and documentation provided satisfy the entry requirements for this course.
- If so, we will email you back with an acceptance offer, which subject to payment, will reserve your place on the course.
You will study:
- Anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness.
- Health and safety in the fitness environment.
- The skills to conduct client and group inductions in a gym-based environment and support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle.
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions.
- Professionalism for fitness instructing.
- Personal and professional development.
- Delivering exceptional customer service.
You can choose to opt for either the blended learning or entirely online approach. You can select your chosen option on the Application Form. If you choose the blended learning option you will be required to undertake a practical workshop.
For the Online Option:
You have the flexibility to register and start at anytime you choose throughout the year.
For the Blended Learning Option:
Please check our calendar below for start dates and corresponding workshops:
You will be assessed using a variety of assessment methods across the duration of the course that include:
- An External Theory Paper.
- Written Assignments.
- Session Plans.
- A Summative Observation.
- Self- Evaluation.
This qualification provides progression to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Certificate in Planning and Delivering Personal Training.
You have up to 2 years to be certificated from the point of registration for this qualification. Anyone outside this time-frame will be withdrawn unless there are extenuating circumstances.
For those of you opting for the blended learning version, please check our calendar below for start dates and corresponding workshops: