To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to plan, prepare and deliver safe and effective activity sessions for a group of participants.
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Promote safety during activity sessions, identify and deal with hazards and reduce risks in the activity environment.
- Plan activity sessions which develop health and fitness.
- Prepare and deliver activity sessions which develop health and fitness.
- Review the effectiveness of the activity session.
- Action plan for future sessions.
There are no specific entry requirements. There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- Aged 14+.
- School leavers and those returning to education.
- Those considering a career in the sport and recreation industry.
- Those wishing to be activity leaders.
- Those wishing to improve their knowledge of delivering activity sessions.
Please note that under Section 96 of the Learning and Skills Act 2000, it is a requirement that all pre-16 learners must be supervised by an adult whilst leading activity sessions; 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Fitness and Activity Leader qualifications e.g., Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
- Level 2 NVQ in Activity Leadership.