This qualification is intended for those who assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the work environment (for example a workshop, classroom or other training environment). This award is at level 3 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework and includes the following assessment methods (although not all of these require performance evidence):
- Assessments of the learner in simulated environments.
- Skills tests.
- Oral and written questions.
- Case studies.
- Recognising prior learning.
- This qualification is open to all (learners must be 19 years old or over) and have occupational and technical competence in the areas that they wish to assess
- This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to widen their career pathway and skill set within their chosen sector through assessing.
This qualification provides progression to the following additional assessing qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment.
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
- Alternatively, it provides progression to Level 4 qualifications in internal quality assurance for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become internal or lead internal verifiers.