To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to plan and instruct sports conditioning programmes to improve exercise and sports performance.
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the role of a sports conditioning coach.
- Understand the principles of programming for sports conditioning.
- Understand sporting demands and how they can be used to inform effective sports conditioning programming.
- Be able to plan sports conditioning programmes to improve performance.
- Be able to instruct effective sports conditioning sessions.
- A Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym, ETM, Aqua) or equivalent, a Level 2 Coaching qualification or a Level 2 Activity Leadership qualification.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- Aged 16+.
- Fitness instructors.
- Personal trainers.
- Sports coaches.
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Level 3 Award in Instructing Outdoor Fitness.
- Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Sport and Exercise Performance.