To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to educate and train individuals and/or groups with the knowledge and skills to enter the education sector.
To provide learners with the knowledge to be able to:
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
- Deliver education and training to individuals and/or groups in an environment/subject, in which they are technically competent.
- Understand and support the process of assessment.
- All trainee teachers joining this qualification programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, mathematics and ICT. Development needs and action plans to address these development needs should be recorded and addressed.
- For those trainee teachers who have already undertaken initial assessments for their English, mathematics and ICT skill, their record of development needs and any previous actions taken to address them should be reviewed and updated as required.
- There are no other specific entry requirements.
- Learners aged 19 +.
- Those considering a career in education and training.
- Those who already have a role within education and training, who do not already hold an equivalent/ higher teaching qualification.
- Those who are already working as an assessor who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
- The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is equivalent and replaces the L3 and L4 PTLLS, as such tutors who already hold either PTLLS3 or 4 should not be target learners for this qualification.
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
- Completion of this award is not a requirement/ pre-requisite for access onto these higher qualifications