- You must be aged 16 years+.
- You must hold a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym, ETM, Aqua) or a Level 2 Coaching qualification or a Level 2 Activity Leadership qualification.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- To apply, please complete our online application form which you can access by clicking here or look for Apply Online on the main menu at the top of this page.
- On receipt, we will check the information and documentation provided satisfy the entry requirements for this course.
- If so, we will email you back with an acceptance offer, which subject to payment, will reserve your place on the course.
You will study:
- About the role of a sports conditioning coach.
- Principles of programming for sports conditioning.
- Sporting demands and how they can be used to inform effective sports conditioning programming.
- How to plan sports conditioning programmes to improve performance.
- How to instruct effective sports conditioning sessions.
As the course is delivered online, you have the flexibility to register and start at anytime you choose throughout the year.
You will be required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit.
The main evidence for the portfolio include:
- Assessor Observation.
- Witness Testimony.
You can progress to:
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
You have up to 3 years to be certificated from the point of registration for this qualification. Anyone outside this time-frame will be withdrawn unless there are extenuating circumstances.