- This qualification is intended for those who assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the work environment (for example a workshop, classroom or other training environment) and occupational competence in an individual’s work environment.
It includes the following assessment methods (although not all of these require performance evidence):
- Assessments of the learner in simulated environments.
- Skills tests.
- Oral and written questions.
- Case studies.
- Recognising prior learning.
- Observation of performance in the work environment.
- Examining products of work.
- Questioning the learner.
- Discussing with the learner.
- Use of others (witness testimony).
- Looking at learner statements
- This qualification is open to all (learners must be 19 years old or over) and have occupational and technical competence in the areas that they wish to assess.
- Learners who wish to widen their career pathway and skill set within their chosen sector through assessing.
- This qualification provides progression to Level 4 qualifications in internal quality assurance for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become internal or lead internal verifiers.