- You must be 16 years+ and possess a suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and maths involved, so you should have basic skills in communication and maths pitched at level 2.
- To apply, please complete our online application form which you can access by clicking here or look for Apply Online on the main menu at the top of this page.
- On receipt, we will check the information and documentation provided satisfy the entry requirements for this course.
- If so, we will email you back with an acceptance offer, which subject to payment, will reserve your place on the course.
You will study:
- Anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
You can choose to opt for either the blended learning or entirely online approach. You can select your chosen option on the Application Form. If you choose the blended learning option you will be required to undertake a practical workshop.
For the Online Option:
You have the flexibility to register and start at anytime you choose throughout the year.
For the Blended Learning Option:
Please check our calendar below for start dates and corresponding workshops:
You will be assessed using a variety of assessment methods across the duration of the course that include:
- An External Theory Paper.
- Written Assignments.
- Session Plans.
- A Summative Observation.
- Self- Evaluation.
This qualification provides progression to:
- Level 4 Certificate for Advanced Personal Trainers.
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
- Level 4 Diploma Master Practitioner in Personal Training.
You have up to 3 years to be certificated from the point of registration for this qualification. Anyone outside this time-frame will be withdrawn unless there are extenuating circumstances.
For those of you opting for the blended learning version, please check our calendar below for start dates and corresponding workshops: