To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to support the delivery of low risk activities that contribute to a physical education and school sport programme through curriculum-based and/or extra-curricular activities.
To provide learners with the knowledge to understand:
- How to communicate with children, young people and adults.
- Schools as organisations.
- Child and young person development.
- How to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people.
- Support assessment for learning.
- Plan a physical education and school sport programme.
- Deliver a physical education and school sport programme.
- Review the delivery of a physical education and school sport programme
- Learners aged 16+.
- Those who already work, or aspire to work, in a physical education and school sport setting.
- Level 3 Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport.
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
- Other teaching and assessing qualifications.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Sports Development.
- A wide variety of coaching qualifications
- Career/employment Physical education and school sport professional.
- Sports development officer.
- Sports coach.
- Volunteer or leader.