- You must be aged 16 years+.
- Have some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- Please note that 16–18-year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace once they have achieved the qualification.
- To apply, please complete our online application form which you can access by clicking here or look for Apply Online on the main menu at the top of this page.
- On receipt, we will check the information and documentation provided satisfy the entry requirements for this course.
- If so, we will email you back with an acceptance offer, which subject to payment, will reserve your place on the course.
You will study:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
- Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources.
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
You can choose to opt for either the blended learning or entirely online approach. You can select your chosen option on the Application Form. If you choose the blended learning option you will be required to undertake a practical workshop.
For the Online Option:
You have the flexibility to register and start at anytime you choose throughout the year.
For the Blended Learning Option:
Please check our calendar below for start dates and corresponding workshops:
You will be assessed using a variety of assessment methods across the duration of the course that include:
- An External Theory Paper.
- Written Assignments.
- Session Plans.
- A Summative Observation.
- Self- Evaluation.
This qualification provides progression to:
- Level 4 Certificate for Advanced Personal Trainers.
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
- Level 4 Diploma Master Practitioner in Personal Training.
You have up to 3 years to be certificated from the point of registration for this qualification. Anyone outside this time-frame will be withdrawn unless there are extenuating circumstances.
For those of you opting for the blended learning version, please check our calendar below for start dates and corresponding workshops: