Aim: To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to offer sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue, without acute/post acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Assess clients and construct a sports massage treatment plan.
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction.
- Understand how to determine the appropriate techniques for specific clients.
- Apply a range of sports massage techniques and understand their effects on the body.
- There are no specific entry requirements.
- There is an element of communication involved (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 3.
- Performing sports massage is a physical activity and learners will need to be fit enough to carry this out.
- Learners aged 16+.
- Those wishing to pursue a career in sports massage with healthy adults.
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy.
- Routes into fitness instructing.