This qualification is intended for those who wish to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of internal quality assurance without any requirement to practise.
Learners must hold one of the following qualifications or their recognised equivalent:
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment.
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment.
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
- A1- Assess candidate performance using a range of methods.
- D32- Assess candidate performance.
- D33- Assess candidate using differing sources of evidence
(N.B: Learners must also show current evidence of Continuing Professional Development in assessment and quality assurance and have up-to-date working knowledge and experience of best practice in assessment and quality assurance).
- Aimed at 19+ learners who wish to widen their career pathway and skill set within their chosen sector by developing their quality assurance best practice.
This qualification provides progression to the following additional Internal Verification qualifications:
- Active IQ Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice