The field of personal training and the needs of modern day professional personal trainers is rapidly evolving in line with the broad ranging needs and goals of the clients they serve. As a result, the industry has never been more competitive. Highly successful personal trainers are results driven and confidently differentiate their services offered to provide an ethical service and sustain a highly successful business. Driving this success is a more scientific and evidence-based approach to programming, training, monitoring and managing clients which translates to better client retention as well as attracting new clients. This qualification provides learners with the enhanced knowledge and skills to fully understand their clients, utilise an evidence-based approach to programming and develop a successful and sustainable personal training business, including:
- Research, evaluation and use of credible research and information to inform personal training / coaching practice.
- Integration and application of technologies, digital and social media into personal training practice to support, enhance and manage the client journey.
- The application of behaviour change and communication techniques to support, enhance and manage the client journey.
- Assessment, performance analysis and evaluation to support, enhance and manage the client journey.
- Design and application of long-term periodisation, planning, coaching and evaluation to optimise client success.
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (or equivalent).
- Be able to apply factual and theoretical knowledge and use a range of cognitive and practical skills to generate specific solutions for personal training clients. This will require learners to work in predictable and unpredictable situations using knowledge, skills and competencies pitched at level 4 on the RQF.
- Aged 16+.
- Personal trainers.
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
- Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Sport and Exercise Performance.
- Level 3 Award in Instructing Outdoor Fitness.
- Level 4 special-populations-related qualifications.
- Other level 3 and 4 technical qualifications in related subjects.
- Learners may also progress onto qualifications in related sectors, e.g. Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practise sports massage alongside personal training in a health club environment or in their own business.
- Alternatively, learners may broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing onto qualifications mapping to additional branches of the Level 3 Standards, such as Exercise Referral and Leisure Management.
The qualification will provide knowledge and practical skills to enhance provision alongside other academic courses such as: National Diploma in Sports Studies, A-level PE and HND and Higher Education degrees in Sport and Leisure.