- You must be aged 19 years+.
- Be competent and experienced in personal training or other relevant fitness-related area.
- Possess a personal training or other relevant fitness-related qualification at level 3 or above.
- You must be in-service, or have access to at least 30 hours of teaching throughout the programme.
- You will need level 2 English, Mathematics and ICT.
- You are not required to have achieved a Level 3 Award in Education and Training before undertaking a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
- Learners who have achieved the level 3 unit ‘Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training’ as part of the Award in Education and Training are eligible for credit transfer of this unit.
- To apply, please complete our online application form which you can access by clicking here or look for Apply Online on the main menu at the top of this page.
- On receipt, we will check the information and documentation provided satisfy the entry requirements for this course.
- If so, we will email you back with an acceptance offer, which subject to payment, will reserve your place on the course.
- Plan, deliver, assess and evaluate education in a specialist area.
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
- Plan inclusive learning programmes to meet the needs of learners in education and training.
- Deliver education and training.
- Assess learners in education and training.
- Use resources for education and training.
- Teach in your specialist area of personal training.
This qualification is delivered using online / distance learning approaches.
As the course is delivered using online / distance learning approaches, you have the flexibility to register and start at anytime you choose throughout the year.
- Yes, you will need to complete 30 teaching practice hours, which starts with some classroom observations that will allow you to understand the setting you are in, and the requirements of the institution.
- You will demonstrate your ability to plan, deliver and assess your students, and you will be asked to consider a range of initiatives whilst you do this.
- During your 30 hours teaching practice, you will be observed for a minimum of 4 hours, over a minimum of 4 occasions by your tutor.
- Your tutor will provide you with constructive feedback, which will further your development as a teacher / trainer.
You can progress to:
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
- University higher education programmes.
You have up to 3 years to be certificated from the point of registration for this qualification. Anyone outside this time-frame will be withdrawn unless there are extenuating circumstances.