The aim of this qualification is to train learners:
- To a professionally competent level, enabling them to plan, conduct and review programmes to address the needs of clients with low back pain.
- To a professionally competent level, enabling them to support clients to change their physical activity and lifestyle behaviours to aid in the management of chronic non-specific low back pain
- To develop an understanding of the prevalence and classification of low back pain.
- To be able to determine health risks associated with low back pain.
- To understand the contributing factors that lead to the development of different types of low back pain.
- To apply appropriate training approaches to plan and design physical activity and exercise programmes for clients with chronic non-specific low back pain.
- To understand how chronic non-specific low back pain, medications, psychological/sociological factors and co-morbidities affect client’s ability to exercise safely and effectively.
- To be able to support clients to adopt healthier lifestyle behaviours as part of a programme to manage chronic non-specific low back pain
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral or equivalent and evidence of this is to be retained by the centre for verification purposes.
- Experienced Instructors wishing to further their career in the health and fitness sector as a specialist instructor who can address the needs of clients with low back pain.
- Further specialist qualifications at Level 4.