- You must be aged 16 years+.
- There are no qualification-specific entry requirements.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and maths involved, so you should have basic skills in communication and maths at level 2
- To apply, please complete our online application form which you can access by clicking here or look for Apply Online on the main menu at the top of this page.
- On receipt, we will check the information and documentation provided satisfy the entry requirements for this course.
- If so, we will email you back with an acceptance offer, which subject to payment, will reserve your place on the course.
- Supporting clients' goals, exercise adherence and motivation.
- Anatomy of the human body related to exercise.
- Assessing risks in the fitness environment to ensure safety to users.
- Principles of exercise and adaptations-based training.
- Planning gym-based sessions for members.
- Delivering practical sessions to members.
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health.
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme.
- Programming personal training with clients.
- Delivering personal training sessions.
Level 4 Options:
- Biomechanical, physiological and psychological factors affecting strength and conditioning for sports performance.
- Programming strength and conditioning activities for sports performance.
- Delivering strength and conditioning for sports performance.
- Business Skills for the Personal Training and Fitness Industry.
- Using Technology to Support and Enhance Performance.
- Planning, Programming and Delivering Advanced Personal Training Sessions in a Range of Environments.
- Understand the Effects and Ethical Use of Supplements and Performance Enhancing Drugs.
You can choose to opt for either the blended learning or entirely online approach. You can select your chosen option on the Application Form. If you choose the blended learning option you will be required to undertake a practical workshop.
For the Online Option:
You have the flexibility to register and start at anytime you choose throughout the year.
For the Blended Learning Option:
Please check our calendar below for start dates and corresponding workshops:
A portfolio of evidence that includes:
- Assessor observation.
- Witness testimony.
- Record of oral and written questioning.
- Learner and peer reports.
N.B: Practical assessments must take place in the work environment, planning and delivery must be completed with real clients; simulation is not permitted, using peers as clients during practical assessments is not permitted.
You can progress to:
- Other level 4 qualifications.
- Higher education.
You have up to 3 years to be certificated from the point of registration for this qualification. Anyone outside this time-frame will be withdrawn unless there are extenuating circumstances.
For those of you opting for the blended learning version, please check our calendar below for start dates and corresponding workshops: