- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must hold a current first aid / CPR certificate.
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is desirable.
- To apply, please complete our online application form which you can access by clicking here or look for Apply Online on the main menu at the top of this page.
- On receipt, we will check the information and documentation provided satisfy the entry requirements for this course.
- If so, we will email you back with an acceptance offer, which subject to payment, will reserve your place on the course.
You will study:
- The role and scope of practice for personal trainers.
- The ACE integrated fitness training model.
- A client-centred approach to personal training:
- Basics of behaviour change.
- Effective communication, goal setting and teaching techniques.
- Preparticipation health screening.
- Nutrition for health and fitness.
- Assessments, programming and progressions:
- Resting assessments and anthropometric measurements.
- Cardiorespiratory training: Physiology, assessments and programming.
- Muscular training: Foundations and benefits.
- Muscular training: Assessments.
- Integrated exercise programming: From evidence to practice.
- Programme modifications for clients with special considerations:
- Considerations for clients with obesity.
- Considerations for clients with chronic disease.
- Exercise considerations across the lifespan.
- Considerations for clients with musculoskeletal issues.
- Professional responsibilities:
- Legal guidelines and business considerations.
This qualification will be delivered using a blended learning approach, involving a combination of online study materials and attendance at a face-to-face practical workshop.
For the Online Option:
You have the flexibility to register and start at anytime you choose throughout the year.
For the Blended Learning Option:
Please check our calendar below for start dates and corresponding workshops:
You will be assessed using a variety of assessment methods across the duration of the course that include:
- An External Theory Paper.
- Written Assignments.
- Session Plans.
- A Summative Observation.
- Self- Evaluation.
This qualification provides progression to:
- Level 4 Certificate for Advanced Personal Trainers.
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
- Level 4 Diploma Master Practitioner in Personal Training.
You have up to 3 years to be certificated from the point of registration for this qualification. Anyone outside this time-frame will be withdrawn unless there are extenuating circumstances.
For those of you opting for the blended learning version, please check our calendar below for start dates and corresponding workshops: